How to Start Your Improvement Project in Anchorage, AK
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Anchorage AK Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Anchorage HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Anchorage Building Safety
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Anchorage AK Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Anchorage AK Information
A Closer Look at Anchorage, AK
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: cold, winter storms, ice, earthquakes
Elevation: 100 ft.
Average Temperature: 36 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 16 in.
Average Snowfall: 70 in.