How to Start Your Improvement Project in Juneau, AK
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Juneau AK Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Juneau HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Juneau AK Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Juneau AK Better Business Bureau
A Closer Look at Juneau, AK
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: cold, winter storms, ice, earthquakes
Elevation: 56 ft.
Average Temperature: 26 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 58.3 in.
Average Snowfall: 93 in.