How to Start Your Improvement Project in Tucson, AZ
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Tucson AZ Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Arizona HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Tucson AZ Building Permits
A Closer Look at Tucson, AZ
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: thunderstorms, flash floods, earthquakes
Elevation: 2,389 ft.
Average Temperature: 68.7 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 12.2 in.
Average Snowfall: 12 in.