How to Start Your Improvement Project in Los Angeles, CA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Los Angeles Dept. of Building & Safety
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Los Angeles Home Improvement Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Los Angeles Permits & Licenses
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Los Angeles CA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Los Angeles CA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: California Contractor Review Board
A Closer Look at Los Angeles, CA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: strong summer sun, salt air in coastal areas, earthquakes, occasional heavy winds, fires
Elevation: 330 ft.
Average Temperature: 63 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 15 in.
Average Snowfall: 0 in.