How to Start Your Improvement Project in San Diego, CA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
San Diego Planning Division
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
San Diego Permits Information
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
San Diego CA Better Business Bureau
If necessary, file construction complaints here: California Contractor Review Board
A Closer Look at San Diego, CA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: strong summer sun, salt air in coastal areas, earthquakes, occasional heavy winds, fires
Elevation: 72-400 ft.
Average Temperature: 64 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 10 in.
Average Snowfall: 0 in.