How to Start Your Improvement Project in San Francisco, CA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
San Francisco Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
San Francisco Housing & Utilities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Bay Area Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
San Francisco Permits & Licenses
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
San Francisco CA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Los Angeles CA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: California Contractor Review Board
A Closer Look at San Francisco, CA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: earthquakes, salt air in coastal areas, occasional heavy winds, fires
Elevation: 52 ft.
Average Temperature: 57 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 25 in.
Average Snowfall: 0 in.