How to Start Your Improvement Project in Colorado Springs, CO
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Colorado Springs CO Zoning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Colorado Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Colorado Springs CO Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Colorado Springs CO Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Colorado Springs CO Information
A Closer Look at Colorado Springs, CO
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: winter storms, heavy snowfall, hail
Elevation: 6,035 to 7,200 ft.
Average Temperature: 48 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 17.4 in.
Average Snowfall: 42.4 in.