How to Start Your Improvement Project in New Haven CT
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
New Haven CT City Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Connecticut Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:http://www.hartford.gov/Development/lic-inspect/default.htm
New Haven CT Building Permits
A Closer Look at Hartford - New Haven CT
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: hurricanes, storm surge, winter storms
Elevation: 59 ft.
Population: 971,278 (combined)
Average Temperature: 50.3 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 44.2 in.
Average Snowfall: 47.3 in.