How to Start Your Improvement Project in Macon, GA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
City of Macon Zoning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Hurricane Katrina, FEMA, and affordable housing opportunities
Macon GA HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Macon GA Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Macon GA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Macon GA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Georgia Contractor Licensing Board
A Closer Look at Macon, GA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, Flooding, Tornadoes, Lightning
Elevation: 381 ft.
Average Temperature: 63 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 45 in.
Average Snowfall: 1 in.