How to Start Your Improvement Project in Savannah, GA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
City of Savannah Zoning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Hurricane Katrina, FEMA, and affordable housing opportunities
Savannah GA HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Savannah GA Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Savannah GA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Savannah GA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Georgia Contractor Licensing Board
A Closer Look at Savannah, GA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, Flooding, Tornadoes, Lightning
Elevation: 49 ft.
Average Temperature: 66.2 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 49.5 in.
Average Snowfall: .4 in.