How to Start Your Improvement Project in Chicago, IL
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Chicago Dept. of Zoning & Land Use
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Chicago Remodeling & Repairs Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Chicago Building Permits Information
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Chicago IL Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here:
Chicago IL Information
A Closer Look at Chicago, IL
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: wind, cold weather, thunderstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 586 ft.
Average Temperature: 50 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 36 in.
Average Snowfall: 37 in.