How to Start Your Improvement Project in Decatur, IL
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Decatur IL Zoning & Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Decatur IL HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Decatur IL Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Decatur IL Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Decatur IL Information
A Closer Look at Decatur, IL
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Rain storms, snow storms, cold weather
Elevation: 676 ft.
Average Temperature: 50 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 43 in.
Average Snowfall: 23 in.