How to Start Your Improvement Project in Springfield, IL
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Springfield IL Zoning & Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Springfield IL HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Springfield IL Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Springfield IL Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Springfield IL Information
A Closer Look at Springfield, IL
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Cold weather, rainstorms, snowstorms, wind
Elevation: 597 ft.
Average Temperature: 52.7 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 35.56 in.
Average Snowfall: 23.1 in.