How to Start Your Improvement Project in Indianapolis, IN
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Indianapolis IN Zoning & Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Indianapolis IN HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Indianapolis IN Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Indianapolis IN Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Indianapolis IN Information
A Closer Look at Indianapolis, IN
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Cold weather, rainstorms, snowstorms
Elevation: 715 ft.
Average Temperature: 52 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 41 in.
Average Snowfall: 27 in.