How to Start Your Improvement Project in Des Moines, IA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Des Moines IA City Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Iowa HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Des Moines IA Building Permits
A Closer Look at Des Moines, IA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design:Thunderstorms, tornadoes, rain, snow
Elevation: 955 ft.
Average Temperature: 49.5 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 34.7 in.
Average Snowfall: 33.2 in.