How to Start Your Improvement Project in Alexandria, LA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
City of Alexandria LA Zoning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Hurricane Katrina, FEMA
Alexandria LA HUD Home Repair Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Alexandria LA Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Alexandria LA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Alexandria LA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Louisiana Contractor Licensing Board
A Closer Look at Alexandria, LA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: tornadoes, lightning, thunderstorms, hurricanes
Elevation: 75 ft.
Average Temperature: 66.9 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 61.4 in.
Average Snowfall: .3 in.