How to Start Your Improvement Project in New Orleans, LA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
City of New Orleans LA Zoning
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
New Orleans LA Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
New Orleans LA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: New Orleans LA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Louisiana Contractor Licensing Board
A Closer Look at New Orleans, LA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: tornadoes, lightning, thunderstorms, hurricane, storm surge, flooding
Elevation: -6.5 ft.
Average Temperature: 70 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 62 in.
Average Snowfall: .2 in.