How to Start Your Improvement Project in Reno - Carson City, NV
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Reno NV Planning
Carson City NV Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Reno - Carson City NV HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Reno - Carson City NV Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Reno NV Better Business Bureau
Carson City NV Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Reno NV Information and Carson CityNV Information
A Closer Look at Reno - Carson City, NV
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design:Snowstorms, earthquakesElevation: 4,505 ft.
Average Temperature: 51 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 7.5 in.
Average Snowfall: 24.3 in.