How to Start Your Improvement Project in Buffalo, NY
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Buffalo NY Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Buffalo NY HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Buffalo NY Building Permits
A Closer Look at Buffalo, NY
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, icestorms, cold weather
Elevation: 600 ft.
Average Temperature: 48 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 40.5 in.
Average Snowfall: 93.6 in.