How to Start Your Improvement Project in Rochester, NY
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Rochester NY Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Rochester NY HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Rochester NY Building Permits
A Closer Look at Rochester, NY
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, icestorms
Elevation: 505 ft.
Average Temperature: 47.5 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 34 in.
Average Snowfall: 92.3 in.