How to Start Your Improvement Project in Durham - Chapel Hill, NC
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Durham Hill NC Planning
Chapel Hill NC Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Durham - Chapel Hill NC HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Durham - Chapel Hill NC Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Durham NC Information and Chapel Hill NC Information
A Closer Look at Durham - Chapel Hill, NC
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 404 ft.
Average Temperature: 59 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 48 in.
Average Snowfall: 7 in.