How to Start Your Improvement Project in New York City
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Jacksonville NY Planning Department
2) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
3) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
4) Find out about permits, assistance, and classes :
Jacksonville NY Building Permits
5) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
A Closer Look at Jacksonville NY and the surrounding areas.
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: cold winters, salt air in coastal areas, coastal storms, hurricanes.
Elevation: 0-100 ft.
Average Temperature: 62.25 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 54.5 in.
Average Snowfall: 3.5 in.