How to Start Your Improvement Project in Bismarck, ND
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Bismarck ND Planning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Bismarck ND HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Bismarck ND Building Permits
A Closer Look at Bismarck, ND
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, thunderstorm, cold weather
Elevation: 1,686 ft.
Average Temperature: 42 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 17 in.
Average Snowfall: 44 in.