How to Start Your Improvement Project in Bend, OR
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Bend OR Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Bend OR HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Bend OR Building Permits
A Closer Look at Bend, OR
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Earthquakes, snowstorms
Elevation: 3,623 ft.
Average Temperature: 46 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 11.6 in.
Average Snowfall: 40 in.