How to Start Your Improvement Project in Johnstown - Altoona, PA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Johnstown PA Planning Department
Altoona PA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Johnstown - Altoona PA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Johnstown - Altoona PA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Johnstown PA Information and Altoona PA Information
A Closer Look at Johnstown - Altoona, PA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, icestorms
Elevation: 1,200 ft.
Average Temperature: 52 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 48 in.
Average Snowfall: 33 in.