How to Start Your Improvement Project in Pittsburgh, PA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Pittsburgh PA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Pittsburgh PA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Pittsburgh PA Building Permits
A Closer Look at Pittsburgh, PA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, thunderstorms
Elevation: 1,223 ft.
Average Temperature: 51 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 37 in.
Average Snowfall: 43 in.