How to Start Your Improvement Project in Scranton, PA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Scranton PA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Scranton PA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Scranton PA Building Permits
A Closer Look at Scranton, PA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, thunderstorms
Elevation: 750 ft.
Average Temperature: 50 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 38 in.
Average Snowfall: 40 in.