How to Start Your Improvement Project in Providence, RI
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Providence RI Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Providence RI HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Providence RI Building Permits
A Closer Look at Providence, RI
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Huricanes, snowstorms
Elevation: 75 ft.
Average Temperature: 51 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 46 in.
Average Snowfall: 35.5 in.