How to Start Your Improvement Project in Charleston, SC
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Charleston SC Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Charleston SC HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Charleston SC Building Permits
A Closer Look at Charleston, SC
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 20 ft.
Average Temperature: 67 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 46 in.
Average Snowfall: .7 in.