How to Start Your Improvement Project in Columbia, SC
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Columbia SC Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Columbia SC HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Columbia SC Building Permits
A Closer Look at Columbia, SC
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 292 ft.
Average Temperature: 66 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 47 in.
Average Snowfall: 1.8 in.