How to Start Your Improvement Project in Rapid City, SD
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Rapid City SD Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Rapid City SD HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Rapid City SD Building Permits
A Closer Look at Rapid City, SD
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, thunderstorms
Elevation: 3,202 ft.
Average Temperature: 45 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 19 in.
Average Snowfall: 39.7 in.