How to Start Your Improvement Project in Watertown, SD
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Watertown SD Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Watertown SD HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Watertown SD Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Watertown SD Better Business Bureau
A Closer Look at Watertown, SD
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, thunderstorms
Elevation: 1,732 ft.
Average Temperature: 45 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 29 in.
Average Snowfall: 49.7 in.