How to Start Your Improvement Project in Knoxville, TN
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Knoxville TN Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Knoxville TN HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Knoxville TN Building Permits
A Closer Look at Knoxville, TN
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 886 ft.
Average Temperature: 60 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 48 in.
Average Snowfall: 11.5 in.