How to Start Your Improvement Project in Austin, TX
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Austin TX Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Austin TX HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Austin TX Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Austin TX Better Business Bureau
Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation
Get general information about this area here: Austin TX Information
A Closer Look at Austin, TX
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, heat waves
Elevation: 489 ft.
Average Temperature: 69 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 34 in.
Average Snowfall: .8 in.