How to Start Your Improvement Project in Dallas, TX
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Dallas Dept. of Building & Safety
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Dallas Home Improvement Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Dallas Permits & Licenses
Get general information about this area here: Dallas TX Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Dallas TX Consumer Complaints
A Closer Look at Dallas, TX
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: salt air in coastal areas, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes.
Elevation: 430 ft.
Average Temperature: 67 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 38 in.
Average Snowfall: 0 in.