How to Start Your Improvement Project in Houston, TX
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
City of Houston Zoning & Inpection
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Houston Community Services & Grants
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) If you're going to do it yourself, get any needed permits:
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Get general information about this area here: Houston CA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Texas Contractor Review Board
A Closer Look at Houston, TX
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: tornadoes, hurricanes, flood.
Elevation: 443 ft.
Population: 2,242, 192
Average Temperature: 67.9 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 48 in.
Average Snowfall: 0 in.