How to Start Your Improvement Project in Lubbock, TX
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Lubbock TX Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Lubbock TX HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Lubbock TX Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Lubbock TX Better Business Bureau
Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation
Get general information about this area here: Lubbock TX Information
A Closer Look at Lubbock, TX
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, heat waves
Elevation: 3,202 ft.
Average Temperature: 60 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 19 in.
Average Snowfall: 10 in.