How to Start Your Improvement Project in Roanoke - Lynchburg, VA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Roanoke VA Planning Department
Lynchburg VA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Roanoke - Lynchburg VA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Roanoke - Lynchburg VA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Roanoke VA Information and Lynchburg VA Information
A Closer Look at Roanoke - Lynchburg, VA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Thunderstorms, snowstorms
Elevation: 1,000 ft.
Average Temperature: 55 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 43 in.
Average Snowfall: 23 in.