How to Start Your Improvement Project in Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Norfolk VA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Virginia HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Norfolk VA Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Virginia Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Norfolk VA Information , Portsmouth VA Information , Newport News VA Information
A Closer Look at Tacoma, WA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, frequent rain.
Elevation: 5-25 ft.
Population: 1,521,723 (combined)
Average Temperature: 59 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 48 in.
Average Snowfall: 8 in.