How to Start Your Improvement Project in Tri-Cities, VA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Tri-Cities VA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Tri-Cities VA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Tri-Cities VA Building Permits
A Closer Look at Tri-Cities, VA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Thunderstorms, snowstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 134 ft.
Average Temperature: 60 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 45 in.
Average Snowfall: 15 in.