How to Start Your Improvement Project in Seattle, WA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Seattle Department of Planning & Development
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Seattle Home Improvement Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Seattle Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Seattle Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Seattle WA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Seattle WA Information
A Closer Look at Seattle, WA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: frequent rain, occasional snow, earthquakes
Elevation: 0 - 520 ft.
Average Temperature: 52.5 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 37 in.
Average Snowfall: 13 in.