How to Start Your Improvement Project in Tacoma, WA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Tacoma WA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Tacoma WA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Tacoma WA Building Permits
A Closer Look at Tacoma, WA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Earthquakes, frequent rain, snow.
Elevation: 243 ft.
Average Temperature: 53 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 39 in.
Average Snowfall: 10 in.