How to Start Your Improvement Project in Yakima, WA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Yakima WA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Yakima WA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Yakima WA Building Code
A Closer Look at Yakima, WA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Earthquakes, cold winters.
Elevation: 1,066 ft.
Average Temperature: 49 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 8 in.
Average Snowfall: 25 in.