How to Start Your Improvement Project in Charleston, WV
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Charleston WV Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Charleston WV HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Charleston WV Building Permits
A Closer Look at Charleston, WV
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, tornadoes.
Elevation: 597 ft.
Average Temperature: 54.5 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 44 in.
Average Snowfall: 34 in.